Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mepron Bad Taste Need Advice On Drinking Liquid Medication And Mepron?

Need advice on drinking liquid medication and Mepron? - mepron bad taste

I was recently diagnosed with babesiosis. My doctor prescribed me Mepron in combination with other antibiotics. The drug is in liquid form. This is the problem that I have.

Throughout my life I have always struggled to swallow liquid medication. I always have the pills on, even when I was younger. Maybe it's just because I'm picky, but when I swallow liquid medication, partly because of taste, I feel like I'm gagging and, accordingly, sometimes my stomach starts to hurt. Do not be so bad if it is a remedy for a cold or something a week or two, but probably on medication for at least a month, with twice a day.

Is there a way to help this medicine go faster? What would you do to me? Do you know if you get Mepron or something like that in the form of a pill? Maybe I just need to grow, but I hope it is something that can make it easier for my situation.

3 comments:

TweetyBi... said...

Unfortunately Mepron comes only in a suspension. You can try to mix them with applesauce or a little soft food. If the dose is one teaspoon (5 ml, 750 mg), mix with ease. Remember Thouroughly Shake well before use. I hope that the antibiotic azithromycin (Zithromax). It is used in combination with atovaquone (Mepron). Another reason is the combination of clindamycin capsules of quinine sulfate. Z-Max & Mepron are used in the clindamycin and quinine, so keep what you have.

CallMeBabs said...

Hi Denise. Mepron tastes pretty gross! I am currently taking it also. Which antibiotic are you taking with it?

Do you know you have to eat something fatty when you take Mepron so it will be absorbed properly? If you eat something such as a strong cheese or peanut butter first, it can somewhat dilute the taste.

Make sure you treat Babesiosis long enough. It can be tough to eradicate.

Anonymous said...

I was prescribed Mepron in a banana flavor. No problems with after taste. Thanks to my physician researcher.

Post a Comment